Baseball is most renowned sport game across the world. It is very popular game in United States and played by Americans with great respect. There are some interesting facts are associated with this game.
Some of the Interesting Facts about Baseball:
- The rules of the baseball game have been changed every year, starting from 1877 when the first book based on baseball was issued for the National League.
- The first stadium for baseball game was built in Pittsburgh in 1909.
- It is believed that baseball game was originated between the mid-1700s and early-1800s in the United States.
- The distance from the pitchers to home plate is generally 60 feet and 8 inches, while the distance between the different bases is exactly 90 feet in major national baseball league.
- The first baseball world series have been played in 1903 between Boston and Pittsburgh. Professional teams were being made in the beginning of 20th century.
- In the baseball game, umpire asked to sit behind the home plate before 1859.
- In the Major national league, the longest baseball game in the history was played between the Brooklyn Robins and Boston Braves on 1st May, 1920. Total 26 innings game was played which was called off as a draw at 1-1 levelled scores and game turnaround time is 8 hours and 22 minutes.
- Eight days are considered as an average lifespan of baseball game. A baseball is generally used once in major league of baseball game.